Friday, March 20, 2015

Kiln opening!!

I love kiln opening days, it is just like Christmas!  I usually don't sleep much the night before and often dream about pottery.  Once you load the kiln it takes about 9 hours to fire, then you have to wait until it cools enough to open, usually a full 24 hours unless you are like me and I am usually in there 3-4 hours early.  I had some wonderful surprises, I tried something different for me and loved it!!!
This is the first time I have made a mug shaped like this but it won't be the last for sure.  I love how it feels in my hands.  I test drove it, and it delights all of the senses, feels nice, looks peaceful and relaxing and of course the coffee was awesome.  Of course I didn't hear anything but this mug made me so happy, that my spirit has been singing all day, not a lie.  My mind is exploding with new ideas and I can't wait to try them!!
Here are a few more things I took out of the kiln.




To see more you can visit my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment