Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rolling with the punches!

My days are filled with joy and disappointments.  I made this beautiful tray, it was 18" x 12", I attached lace impressed detailed clay to make ruffles.  I would show you this beautiful tray but it is in pieces, my shoulder caught it and broke off a chunk.  This morning I was checking the drying pieces and noticed a crack forming on one of my plates.  If I am going to go with the whole punch metaphor thing, then the platter was an all out fight, punches to the gut head and a kick to the knee, the plate was a punch in the arm.  Before pottery, I would paint and make cards, everything turned out every time which is the way I like it!  At the same time, I never ventured very far out of my little box of perfectionism!  I will make the platter again, probably today, well maybe not I am still too raw but when I do, it will be even better then before.  Nothing is for sure with pottery but I do find I am getting better and at some point I won't be afraid to try anything!
My bucket of punches!

No comments:

Post a Comment