Monday, February 22, 2016

Essential oil jewelry!

I am enjoying the whole jewelry making business, it really is addicting!  I had a nice relaxing Sunday evening making some new pieces.  It is starting to feel more natural, at first I felt completely out of my element but now they just seem to come together.  Here are a few pieces that I made.
Each of the unglazed pieces are to be used for essential oils.  I fire the pendants to cone 05, this leaves them porous making them the perfect vessel for essential oils.  All of the pendants have been stamped with rubber stamps.  Most of the pendants in the photos have been painted with underglaze, with the exception of the two glazed pieces.





I was finding that my feathers were breaking where the wire was attached, so I redid all of my feathers, wrapping them with very thin flexible wire.  In this picture you can kind of see the green wire.  I actually got this wire from Stampin Up years ago.


These two pendants have been glazed on both sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment